IMPORTANT NOTE: The table below contains the final, negotiated prices from Grueninger Music Tours, our tour operator. (Your total per-person trip cost includes the specific tour package you choose from the table below, plus your own transportation costs to and from Los Angeles, California, and some meals on your own.)
Package pricing details
The four-night packages include the nights of December 29, 30, 31 and January 1, departing January 2. The three-night packages include the nights of December 29, 30, and 31, departing January 1 following the Rose Parade. The one-night packages include the night of December 31, departing January 1 following the Rose Parade. The term "occupant" is defined as a marcher or a non-marcher age 10 and older (not including children age 3-9). Count up the number of people staying in your room that are buying marcher or non-marcher packages (any combination of marchers and non-marchers). That total is the number of room occupants and determines the type of rooming package to select.
Our Rose Parade entry is technically considered a "float with accompanying marchers" by the Tournament of Roses. This was so designated as they did not want our one-time marching band of band directors to occupy a slot annually designated for traditional marching bands. Because of this, our package prices are set to include the amounts required to fund the construction and operation of a colorful, animated float.
If you pay by credit card, a 3% fee will be added, as that is what the banks charge our tour company. Personal checks incur no fee.
• A $200 non-refundable deposit will be due shortly after your application is accepted. See Payment schedule below for the payment balance information.
• Package prices do not include transportation costs to or from California.
• Because of the transportation logistics involved in getting marchers to all events in a timely manner, all packages include hotel accommodations. A one-night, New Year's Eve-only package is being made available to local, Los Angeles area residents only. Marchers selecting that package must commute to the tour hotel each day for all planned activities.
• The Four-night Marcher, Three-night Marcher, One-night Marcher and Non-marcher packages include all items indicated on the "What's included" page.
• A portion of each package price helps pay for the entry's float construction and operation.
Accepted and confirmed marchers will need to remit a $200 deposit using our e-commerce site here. The balance of your payments will be submitted to the GMT registration site. GMT will then notify you directly of your remaining payment amounts (based on your selected tour package) prior to their due dates. Your acceptance email will explain how to confirm your participation, how to pay your deposit and will direct you to the registration site.
Payment schedule for marchers
• A $200 non-refundable deposit per marcher is due to Saluting America’s Band Directors (SABD) within 14 days of receiving your acceptance notification, and will be applied to your trip package cost. Only one deposit per party is required. (The term “party” is defined as all room occupants registering on the marcher’s trip account.)
• A $1,000 payment per marcher is due to Grueninger Music Tours (GMT) by March 1, 2021 (or within 14 days of receiving your acceptance notification, whichever is later).
• A $500 payment per marcher Is due to GMT by July 1, 2021.
The final balance for all room occupants is due to GMT by October 1, 2021.
Payment schedule for non-marchers
• No additional deposit per non-marcher is due if they are sharing a room with a marcher (i.e., registered on a marcher’s trip account).
• A non-refundable $250 deposit per non-marcher is due to GMT by July 1, 2021 if they are not sharing a room with a marcher (i.e., not registered on a marcher’s trip account).
• The final balance for all room occupants is due to GMT by October 1, 2021.
Please be aware that SABD and GMT have payment requirements to our float maker, hotel and transportation company. Therefore it is very important we receive your payments on time. In addition, please know that any payments you make to GMT are fully refundable through February 28, 2021.
While the overall payment schedule above indicates the deadlines by which payments must be received, a number of our directors have expressed interest in paying for the trip in more installments rather than just the three dates shown. GMT's registration system allows you to implement a payment plan that works for you, as long as it meets the overall primary payment deadlines above. This may help you budget for the trip.
Following is one example of a possible multiple payment schedule you might adopt:
For specific questions on the packages or deposits, you may use the form at the bottom of the Home page.
Saluting America's Band Directors is a project of the Michael D. Sewell Memorial Foundation.
Website and content copyright © 2018-2023 by Saluting America's Band Directors.