PLEASE NOTE: Our Rose Parade entry is technically considered a float with accompanying marchers. This was so designated by the Tournament of Roses as they did not want our one-time band of band directors to occupy a slot annually designated for traditional marching bands. Because of this, our package prices are set to include the amounts required, approximately $275,000, to fund the construction and operation of a colorful, animated float.
ALSO NOTE: The prices in the table below were set for the 2021 Rose Parade and are shown as a guide only. Updated pricing for the 2022 Parade will be posted here soon. Our goal is keep the packages prices at or below 2021 prices if at all possible.
Package pricing details
Our tour packages with per-person prices are shown above. The four-night packages include the nights of December 29, 30, 31 and January 1, departing January 2. The three-night packages include the nights of December 29, 30, and 31, departing January 1 after the Rose Parade. The term "occupant" is defined as a marcher or a non-marcher age 10 and older (not including children age 3-9). Count up the number of people staying in your room that are buying marcher or non-marcher packages (any combination of marchers and non-marchers). That total is the number of room occupants and determines the type of rooming package to select.
If you pay by credit card, a 3% fee will be added, as that is what the banks charge our tour company. Direct bank transfers or personal checks incur no fee.
• A $200 non-refundable deposit will be due shortly after your application is accepted. See Payment schedule below for the payment balance information.
• Package prices do not include transportation costs to or from California.
• Because of the transportation logistics involved in getting marchers to all events in a timely manner, all packages include hotel accommodations. We are unable to offer local commuting trip packages at this time, but we may reconsider this in the future.
• A portion of the marcher's trip fee helps pay for the entry's float construction and operation.
• For specific questions on the packages or deposits, you may use the form at the bottom of the Home page.
To see what's included in the trip packages, click here.
Accepted and confirmed marchers will need to remit a $200 deposit using our e-commerce site here. The balance of your payments will be submitted to the GMT registration site. GMT will then notify you directly of your remaining payment amounts (based on your selected tour package) prior to their due dates. Your acceptance email will explain how to confirm your participation, how to pay your deposit and will direct you to the registration site.
Our payment schedule is:
• A non-refundable $200 deposit is due within 14 days of your acceptance notification.
• A $1000 payment will be due on March 1, 2021 (or within 45 days of your acceptance notification, whichever is later).
• The final balance will be due on October 1, 2021.
Please be aware that SABD and GMT have payment requirements to our float maker, hotel and bus company. It is thus very important we receive your $1000 payment by March 1, 2021. In addition, please know that any payments you make to GMT are fully refundable until early 2021 – we will announce the specific date.
A number of our directors have expressed interest in paying this amount in multiple installments rather than all at once. The registration system allows you to devise a payment plan that makes sense for you. This may help you budget for the trip. A suggested payment schedule is as follows:
Saluting America's Band Directors is a project of the Michael D. Sewell Memorial Foundation. This project has been approved by the Tournament of Roses.® Website copyright © 2018-2022 by Saluting America's Band Directors, a project of the Michael D. Sewell Memorial Foundation. All Rights Reserved.